This delicious recipe is a combination of flavors that you cannot miss. The type of BBQ sauce used in this recipe is one known as Carolina BBQ, which is a lighter and healthier sauce, but with the traditional flavor.
Recipe for 6 servings / sandwiches.
Ingredients:Carolina BBQ Sauce
⭐ ½ sliced white onion
⭐ 3 garlic cloves, minced
⭐ 1 teaspoon chili paste or chili powder
⭐ 30 g unsalted butter
⭐ 240 ml of prepared yellow mustard
⭐ 2 tablespoons soy sauce
⭐ 190 g SOLA sweetener
⭐ 240 ml of apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
⭐ 120 ml of water
⭐ ¾ teaspoon ground white pepper
⭐ 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
⭐ 900 g of beef
⭐ 2 teaspoons of sea salt
⭐ 3 teaspoons ground mustard
⭐ 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
⭐ ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
⭐ 4 tablespoons of SOLA Sweet sweetener
⭐ 1 medium white onion, chopped
⭐ 4 cloves of garlic
⭐ 4 inches of minced fresh ginger
⭐ 2 anise stars
⭐ 1 medium white onion
⭐ 3 free-range eggs
⭐ 120 g of almond flour
⭐ 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
⭐ 2 tablespoons of oil of your choice
⭐ 12 slices of SOLA Sweet bread of your choice
⭐ 2 jalapeños, sliced, seeded
⭐ 24 pickle slices
⭐ 12 slices of cheese of your choice
First we will prepare the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and rub them into the meat.
- On a baking sheet, place the onion, garlic, ginger and anise; Place the meat on top and cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Place it in the oven and cook it for 4 hours. Remember to moisturize it once an hour with the juice it releases.
- Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven and discard the onion, garlic, ginger, and anise. Allow the meat to cool completely so that it can be cut easily.
Carolina BBQ Sauce
- Place the onion and garlic in a large saucepan with butter and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add the other ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat and continue mixing until it has a thick consistency.
- Pour into a blender to puree the sauce.
- You can use it immediately or store it in the refrigerator, it lasts for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- In a bowl beat the eggs and in another mix the almond flour with the perfectly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Peel the onion and cut it into slices.
- Dip the onion rings in the eggs and then in the flour and cheese mixture; repeat this step until you get a slightly thick layer.
- Place the rings on a baking sheet and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake until golden and crisp.
- Cut the meat and place it on a baking sheet, pour the BBQ sauce as you consider, remember that you can save the rest for other recipes.
- Bake the meat for 25 minutes at 180ºC. You can bake it at the same time as the onion so that everything is ready at the same time.
- Toast the bread and form the sandwiches with the meat, cheese, pickles and jalapeño slices. You can accompany it with the onion rings or put them inside the sandwich, along with the other ingredients.
Ready to enjoy!
💡 TIP: The amounts in the recipe are for 6 servings, however, you can make it for less or save the rest and use it as you consider.
If you try this recipe, don't forget to share your settings, opinions and photos with us. We love to see your dishes!