Fruits are considered natural sweets due to their high sugar content, but it is very important to remember that because they are not natural, an excessive amount of fruits should not be eaten, since the sugar contained in them (fructose) can also generate insulin peaks.
Most berries are considered keto-friendly; however, there are other very rich fruits that you can consume but in a more moderate way, all depending on your macro intake.
Avocado is one of the most recommended fruits in keto, since in addition to containing a large amount of fat, little protein and a low amount of carbohydrates, they also provide you with great benefits.
- Take care of your heart because it contains monounsaturated fats.
- It generates a state of satiety due to its high fiber and fat content.
- Reduces stress thanks to the glutathione it contains.
- Reduces cholesterol and inflammation
- It helps the absorption of nutrients from other vegetables.
- It contains more potassium than bananas.
Little is said about black olives, however they are a versatile and delicious food, very commonly used on pizzas and in salads; it also contains a large amount of monounsaturated fats, vitamin A, vitamin E, iron, protein, phosphorus, and dietary fiber.
- Reduces cholesterol levels.
- Protects eyesight and improves the immune system.
- Promotes brain health, increasing memory, mental capacity, concentration.
- Prevents and helps in the treatment of anemia.
These berries are characterized by their flavor and medicinal properties, because they contain a large amount of vitamin C, K, manganese, ellagic acid, fiber, and anthocyanin.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Strengthens the brain and benefits the motor system.
- It helps the production of collagen, so it improves and cares for the skin.
- Reduce cravings and improve gut health.
- Take care of and improve your eyesight.
- Take care of heart and oral health.
- Helps regulate blood sugar.
They are one of the best known options in the keto world, because they contain a low amount of carbohydrates but a large amount of nutrients and a good taste, so they are usually used in desserts or as a healthy snack.
- They improve circulation and sight.
- Helps detoxify the body.
- Prevents premature aging.
- Strengthens the immune system due to the antioxidants it has.
- It reduces the risk of suffering from heart disease, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and degenerative diseases, such as cancer.
- Improves memory and nerve impulse transmission.
- Strengthens bones and joints.
They can be consumed in different presentations as compote, dressing, jam, snack or complement to desserts and salads due to its refreshing and sweet flavor. Like other berries, strawberries contain a low amount of carbohydrates but a high amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Decreases the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- Great source of vitamin B.
- Helps reduce inflammation.
- They help bone and eye health.
- They avoid constipation.
- Prevents cognitive decline.
- Improves mood and prevents depression.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Coconut is well known for greatly promoting skin health, as well as being widely used as a healthy alternative to produce flour, oil and milk. It contains a large amount of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Reduce the cholesterol.
- Provides a large amount of fiber.
- It contains approximately 4.2 g of protein per 100 g.
- Coconut water is considered an isotonic drink.
There are some fruits such as apple and banana that are considered very good due to the amount of vitamins they contain, the cost and the ease with which they can be obtained, as well as being the fruits most used by most nutritionists; However, it is important to consider the glycemic impact that they generate in our body, remember that because they are not natural sugars, it does not mean that they do not generate a significant impact on our body.